Turn Your Generator Into A Cash Machine.
Great news for Whole Home generator owners!
As part of CenHub Peak Perks, Central Hudson has teamed up with Generac to develop a new offer that will reward you with up to $500 this year and $250 every subsequent year.
Participants in Peak Perks get paid to conserve electricity during critical demand periods*. Now, customers like you can get paid just by using your whole home generator during these peak periods. It’s easy: A free device provided by Central Hudson will switch on your generator automatically.
- 14 kW or higher Generac natural gas or liquid propane whole home generator with automatic transfer switch
- Ability to receive a cellular signal at the generator site
- Premises located in designated energy-constrained areas
- Valid maintenance contract with a certified Generac generator dealer
- Allow for up to four (4) hours of reduction during a typical demand period and up to eight (8) hours during a system-wide emergency
- Allow for installation of a two-way outdoor switch to enable communication with the generator during a curtailment period
- $250 Installation Reward per generator plus a $250 Annual Reward every additional year you participate
- FREE Insights+ membership providing a detailed view of your hourly, weekly and monthly usage (a $59.88/yr. value)
- No cost, no inconvenience, no generator use restrictions, no fuss
* The number of conservation events depends on many factors, including weather, peak electricity demand, and wholesale energy costs. CenHub Peak Perks is only activated during times of critically high electricity demand, emergency conditions, or system testing. Central Hudson Gas & Electric estimates there will be five to ten events a year.